The statue's history is closely related to the origin of the town's name - Strzelce.
According to one version, the town was named after the prince's hunters who inhabited these areas in the early medieval period and hunted animals in the local forest.
The town did not have its symbol for centuries. In 1929, as ordered by the Strzelce municipality, a Gliwice company Entw. U. Geg. Hüttenamt built a well with a medieval bronze statue of a hunter.