Particular attention should be paid to a wooden church of St. Barbara, situated in the Catholic cemetery and built in 1505. It is localised in the crossing of roads to Opole and Krapkowice. Saint Barbara was very popular as the patron saint of church buildings in the Middle Ages and was held in high esteem not only as the patron of miners and guardian in the hour of death.
The church was in ruins during the 17th century due to the lack of financial support. Only in the year 1680, a widow of a church councillor, Anna Bassa, declared to renovate and support it, according to the last will of her late husband. In 1871, on the main support beam of the church, the names: Weiser and Brixi with the date 1690 (end of reconstruction) were visible.
Over the nave, there is a small tower in baroque style with a lantern and dome, dated from 1720. The organ-loft is wooden, supported by 2 columns. There are fragments of an altar in the attic, from the first half of the 17th century. The pulpit is in late-renaissance style, from the beginning of the 17th century. The damaged organs date back to the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries.
The church walls are made of wooden beams which were joined in the corners by fitting carved out shapes, without the use of nails. A shingle roof makes the church even more scenic. The nave plan is almost square and the presbytery, closed from three sides is adjacent to the eastern wall. There was a baroque statue of a rider on top of the roof decades ago. There is no bell tower. There hangs a wooden cross over the main beam, similarly to the medieval churches.
Currently, the shingle roof is being renovated.
Church of St. Barbara is a high class monument of sacral architecture.